CrowdSupport®
Peter1987
Level 1: Cadet

Voicemail issues overseas

I’m currently overseas in Greece and my voicemail is taking around 50 seconds to reach my voicemail to leave a message and I would like this no longer then 15 seconds.

Also when my phone is switched off people cannot leave a voicemail it says the phone you have called is switched off. 

I have phoned Telstra and they are saying it’s all working on their end.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Voicemail issues overseas

Hi Peter.

Is this still causing issues for you?

You can refer to this support article on how to set your ring time. Having said this, I am not clear if the network instructions would still work when you send the via a foreign network provider. Please let me know what happens if you try this.

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Peter1987

Hi Kiran 

i have tried that and still no luck sometimes my voicemail works and other times it doesn’t. 

If my phone is off there is no voicemail 

I have tried to swap networks while over here and that hasn’t worked either.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for trying this, sorry this hasn't helped.

With regards to not having voicemail when your phone is off, you may want to try entering the code *62*101# which will set your phone to Divert to 101 when unreachable. Do you know if there are issues when you are busy on another call? If so, you may want to try the code *67*101# which will set your phone to Divert to 101 when busy.

You can find further information about these codes here. Also included in there is the code *21*101# which will Divert all calls to 101 if you're unable to address the issue with the extended ring time and need to find a work around so people can contact you.

Please let me know how you go with this.

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 22: Superhuman

Hello 

I believe you may need to insert  61  before  101

Thanks 

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Peter1987

Hi Kiran 

Since my last reply I have been to another 2 country’s tried everything you said to do and the same problem has occurred 

I don’t believe it’s got to do with the network where I’m travelling as it’s happened in 3 country’s 

what should I do as I’m losing business on a daily basis because my voicemail is taking 60 seconds to kick in?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Peter1987 I am sorry that the codes aren't working for you while you're travelling. In this case I can only suggest calling +61 439 125 109 free call from a Telstra phone and speaking with Mobile Assurance 24x7 to see what they might be able to do to help you until you return. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Peter1987

Just checking in to see how you went and if you need any further help or support?

- Stef 

Peter1987

Hi Stef

i have now spoken to Telstra 5 times with no luck and the same problem, since being overseas I have only received 6 voicemails in close to 4 weeks when I average 7-12 a day with my business. 

Im very disappointed with Telstra as I have wasted a lot of time and has cost me business when this should be a stress free process. 

It it shouldn’t take 50 seconds for my voicemail to kick in and if my phone is off there is no voicemail so I don’t know who is phoning me.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us,

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to get a resolution for the matter outstanding.

If you are wanting to lodge a complaint for feedback this can be done directly online via: https://tel.st/2rzmh

Please let us know any outcome or news as the situation progresses.

- Stef

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now