Highlighted
Charles121
Level 1: Cadet

Voicemail not accessible while roaming in the USA

Answered

I'm currently overseas in the USA. I am unable to access my voicemail - I have tried all of the following suggestions already:

#101#  - message comes up as 'Not Registered'

+61 101 - get a 'this number is not available/ connected' message

101 - call will not go through

Responding with 'M' to the Telstra text telling me I have 2 new voicemail messages - message not delivered

Calling my own number - get a busy tone/unable to call this number message

Prior to the US, I was in Fiji for a few days and the voicemails were accessible from there. 

I am on Telstra prepaid and purchased an International roaming pack prior to travel. Roaming is activated on my phone.  And, as I mentioned, was working just fine in Fiji. No settings were changed between leaving Fiji and landing in the US. 

Is there perhaps some difference in the agreement Telstra has with the mobile networks here? The carrier that I am getting service through is AT&T. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Voicemail not accessible while roaming in the USA

Have you got enough credit to call ($3 per min) 101? The International Roaming Packs for Prepaid are for data only, not calls. Use #100# to check.

If you do, then give +61 439 125 109 a call (free call from Telstra mobile) and have a chat to a consultant to see what is going wrong.

You could also cancel messagebank while you're overseas (use #002#) and your messages will be sent to you as an SMS. It's a cheaper option.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Voicemail not accessible while roaming in the USA

Have you got enough credit to call ($3 per min) 101? The International Roaming Packs for Prepaid are for data only, not calls. Use #100# to check.

If you do, then give +61 439 125 109 a call (free call from Telstra mobile) and have a chat to a consultant to see what is going wrong.

You could also cancel messagebank while you're overseas (use #002#) and your messages will be sent to you as an SMS. It's a cheaper option.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now