CrowdSupport®
Kirbob
Level 2: Rookie

Voicemail to MMS

Hi

Just moved over from optus and am wondering if it is possible with telstra to receive voicemails as voice MMS and how to activate this. It seems that voice to text is the default and is inadequate for my needs.

I have a note 10+ and my partner has an iPhone  x

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Voicemail to MMS

RCS is possible (and is built in to the Note 10+), but the problem is that the settings are in the firmware and non-Telstra purchased phones do not appear to have the Telstra settings in them.

You could contact Samsung and see if it is possible to get the Telstra firmware flashed to your Note 10+.

As far as the iPhone X goes, I'm not sure how the system works (I know you can get visual voicemail, but as far as voicemails as an attachment goes, not sure if that is possible).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kirbob

Thanks for the reply.

I can flash the firmware myself if needed, but that seems really unnecessary for something that was working on optus with a samsung phone directly from samsung on both my s8 and note 10.

Does voicemail not work without rcs? Because for the life of me i cant turn off voice to text.

Highlighted

Normal voicemail works without RCS. Call 101 and then go through the settings to the Greetings and set up a new greeting message. That normally gets it working properly again.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kirbob

Have done so twice but when i call myself i still just get leave a 10 second message and we'll convert to text.

Obviously im missing something simple.

Kirbob

So i got onto support and they disabled voice2text and the voicemail is now working, now just to find a solution to recieving voicemails as MMS

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now