CrowdSupport®
Ajcrowley
Level 2: Rookie

WIFI Calling

Answered

So WiFi Calling was working on a mix of Apple and Android phones connected to my Telstra NBN. now it no longer works on the Telstra NBN but will work if i connect to another Wireless network from a 4G hotspot or the office Wifi. All devices are running latest software and all devices have been rebooted/powered down. Ping from the NBN is around 7, DL 94 UL38.

The only thing that changed was the NTD died during a thunderstorm and had to be replaced and everything seemed normal but i never checked Wifi Calling, i have very poor mobile reception so i am really starting to miss it, Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ajcrowley
Accepted Solution

Re: WIFI Calling

Replaced the Telstra supplied modem with Draytek Vigor 2762AC, this supports multiple WAN backups including the 4G USB stick, everything now works a treat

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

I know it may seem obvious but have you tried turning off wifi calling, rebooting your iPhone, then enabling it again?

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Ajcrowley

Yes, i have rebooted everything with it on and off, if i put the old cable modem back in WiFi calling comes back. i am pretty sure its due to the firmware V2.2.2.28 as it worked prior to this version

This is on 3 different i phones and a Galaxy s10 and note 9 all work with the old cable modem which i guess i can keep using

V2.2.2.28
Highlighted
Ajcrowley
Accepted Solution

Replaced the Telstra supplied modem with Draytek Vigor 2762AC, this supports multiple WAN backups including the 4G USB stick, everything now works a treat

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more