Highlighted
Troy42
Level 1: Cadet

delayed voicemail

Hi

I am experiencing considerable delays from the time a message is left till the time the alert appears on the phone. Typically there is a 4 hour delay but this can vary considerably either way. The phone is a current series iphone running the current os. The issue is experienced both while on the go as well as when it remains in the same location with good connectivity.

suggestions please

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: delayed voicemail

Hello
Do you have the problem when the sim is in another phone?
My first suggestion is to do a network reset. If that fails...back up your data and do a full factory reset.
Can you please advise the exact model of phone.
If you do a factory reset.... ensure the issue is resolved before you reinstall any apps.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Troy42, Is the issue ongoing?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Troy42

its getting worse.

Just received a voicemail notification 30 hours after it was sent.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Do you have the problem when the sim is in another phone? 

Can you please advise the exact model of phone.?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Are you keeping your phone locked?
What brand of phone?
Have you tried in another phone as previously requested?
Thanks
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Troy42

Hi
Unfortunately I dont have the luxury of a spare handset.
The unit is a iphone 8 64 gig.

we have had others from my business reporting the same issue (some not) all using the same handsets on the same network.

I have seen other posts, possibly on this forum, having the same issue. Common thread seems to be Telstra (i know this is a Telstra page so to be expected but no mention elsewhere of a similar issue with another carrier that I have been able to find)

open to ideas here.

You don't "need the luxury of a spare handset", you can use a colleagues phone.
I have just been informed that there is a "known" current iPhone issue that you are experiencing with (presumably)  Messagebank PLUS. (the system where you don't have to dial 101 to retrieve messages)
There is a delay in receiving alerts if you don't have the very latest software updates.
I have this on the highest authority of a Telstra dealer (over 23 years) friend who sells phones virtually by the hundred, mainly iPhones to fleet customers.
This explains the problem, but you mention you have current os.   Possibly you have missed an update?
Thank you

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now