Highlighted
WittleWaynE
Level 3: Gumshoe

how to get telstra which band/ bands a telstra site transmitts at?

Answered

Hi Folks,

I have just set up a telstra celfo go repeater and I finally get mobile coverage on my rural tassie property, yippee.

However I am not quite sure of the tower it is pointing to.  I think it is this tower site from acma regiseter 

NameTelstra Site Stony Point Trail

However it does not show the bands that it transmits at.   I get 4g and 3g coverage but one of my phones is on aldi mobile and it will only connect at 3g not 4g which my other phones will connect at.  I was thinking the aldi mobile coverage may not be of the correct frequency band that the other telstra account phones can connect with.  Don't know if any one can tell me what this site transmits at and if it would suit aldi phone only (not data) sims?  Otherwiese I may have to run out my aldi plan and port it to telstra, whichI don't want to do.

Thanks

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: how to get telstra which band/ bands a telstra site transmitts at?

The other thing to consider is that the tower you're running through may be 4G enabled for retail customers, but not 4G for wholesale customers.

MVNOs like Aldi have access to a smaller coverage footprint when compared to customers directly with Telstra. They also only get 3G in some areas that are potentially 4G.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

That site isn't a mobile tower

You're looking for towers with frequencies around 700MHz (4G), 850MHz (3G), 900MHz (4G), 1800MHz(4G), 2100MHz (3G potentially re-purposed to 4G), and 2600MHz (4G)

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
WittleWaynE
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks for the reply 

Strange that my repeater seems to be pointing to that infrastructure.  It definitely is not pointing to any other local tower.

I suppose I will need to get an app that shows the signal frequency so that I can confirm my ALDI phone has a problem or can cannot connect to one of the frequencies you mentioned.

Thanks

Wayne

Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

The other thing to consider is that the tower you're running through may be 4G enabled for retail customers, but not 4G for wholesale customers.

MVNOs like Aldi have access to a smaller coverage footprint when compared to customers directly with Telstra. They also only get 3G in some areas that are potentially 4G.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It could be that if you look 180 degrees behind where the antenna is pointing, that you would be looking at either the Huonville or Sandfly towers.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now