Highlighted
Arlen
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone XS will only load mobile data for 10mins, location specific

Hi all,

Just started having this problem over the last week with my iPhone XS. 

It seems in my home suburb (Pakenham, VIC) including the surrounding suburbs, my mobile data will only load for around 10mins and then suddenly stop. Even though it still shows it has a 4G signal. 

I can fix this by turning flight mode on and off again, but it'll again only work for a few minutes. 

Comparing to my partners iPhone X (also Telstra, on the same account) and she's not encountering any issues.

I've tried to change the network selection to not be automatic (Telstra only), taken the sim card out and cleaned it and the slot, as well as resetting the phones network settings, but neither of these have changed anything. The only next step would be to entirely wipe the phone and try to start from fresh.

Anyone else ever experience this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: iPhone XS will only load mobile data for 10mins, location specific

I'd recommend backing up your data and doing a factory reset.
If the problem continues, and your partner does not have these issues, it's pointing to the handset.
The quickest way would be taking it to an Apple store and have a full diagnostic check, or requesting your phone be assessed by the Telstra repair centre, by leaving it at a Telstra store.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
potter23

Hi,

Just saw someone at the Telstra shop about this - they said that there was a carrier setting update last night which might fix the issue.  Said the problem maybe being caused by 5G testing.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Can confirm what @potter23 has said. Issue should of been resolved overnight
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Arlen

Yeah saw the message on the outages page regarding this last night. And woke up to find it has resolved.

Thanks all!

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now