CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
rcm12
Level 2: Rookie

international roaming not working in Queenstown

Answered

I set up International roaming before leaving Adelaide -I am now in Queenstown NZ and the phone is not working and cannot connect to the local networks.

Any advice would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rcm12
Accepted Solution

Re: international roaming not working in Queenstown

Thanks for the help. The new application seems to have worked - so that third application got through Telstra's system.

Telstra needs to get some professional help to get their website easier to use - perhaps go to apple and ask :-)

Telstra needs to contact their customers a bit more.
Anyway the phone is mobile enabled in Queenstown and I have turned off data to avoid any nasty gotcha's on my return.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 20: Director

Hello,

Please log into My Account and check the status of International roaming has been activated.

On my account it says

Features International Roaming Status: Active

Hope that helps.

rcm12

Thanks - but in my account I have only the choices of

plans and usage

bill and adjustments

profiles and preferences

and nowhere can I find a setting for international roaming

So I have filled in yet another bloody form and submitted it again to Telstra and perhaps this time it will happen.

I have never come accross such a difficult site for sending a simple message to someone who can actually do something a simple as activate international roaming and then somewhere on my account show that it has been activated.

Some of those high ups in Telstra need to try and do something to make usinf a Telstra mobile an easy and simple exercise not put up all sorts of barriers to fend off customer requests for some simple service.

As you can probably tell I am having a bad phone day :-)

Level 20: Director

That is interesting in my account you cannot see that option. Then again you cannot activate it as it just shows you if it's active or not.

Is you mobile on the same account if it is simply click on your mobile number and it says it in there active or not. If it's not use live chat to activate it and it should be up and running.

As far as the layout goes from memory Telstra website does go thru some changes from time to time. You can also leave your feed back on the forum here and let us know what you are having issues with the layout and I am sure someone high up will read it and take note.

Good luck and happy holidays.
rcm12
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the help. The new application seems to have worked - so that third application got through Telstra's system.

Telstra needs to get some professional help to get their website easier to use - perhaps go to apple and ask :-)

Telstra needs to contact their customers a bit more.
Anyway the phone is mobile enabled in Queenstown and I have turned off data to avoid any nasty gotcha's on my return.

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now