CrowdSupport®
ArchiMe
Level 3: Gumshoe

mobile call rates to a Mobile that is using international roaming in Canada

I wish to Know the mobile call rates from an australian Mobile (on a $79 plan inc international calls) to a Telstra Mobile that is  using international roaming whilst in in Canada

Is this info available Any Where on telstras Site (I was unable to find it & plans have changed)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: mobile call rates to a Mobile that is using international roaming in Canada

I wish to Know the mobile call rates from an australian Mobile (on a $79 plan inc international calls) to a Telstra Mobile that is  using international roaming whilst in in Canada

That clause has no direct impact on the cost from the caller's perspective. The caller pays the same rates whether the recipient's Telstra Mobile is connected to the Next G network or roaming on an overseas network at the time the call is made.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
ArchiMe
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks BUT what is the rate cost to a mobile in canada from a mobile in Australia?
Level 22: Superhuman

Thanks BUT what is the rate cost to a mobile in canada from a mobile in Australia?

http://telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/international-rates/

I wouldn't know (and don't care to find out) about international calling rates from non-Telstra mobiles in Australia, but I'm confident you can find in on the other carriers' and MVNOs' web sites.

Remember, calling an Australia mobile service that is roaming on an Canadian mobile carrier network and calling a Canadian mobile service (considered to be local/native to the Canadian network) are regarded as different things for billing purposes.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Level 21: Augmented

@ArchiMe wrote:

short answer, the call cost to you is no different when calling an Australian mobile number regardless of which country the phone as in at the time

the person receiving the call gets charged for the incoming call, you can check the rates here http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/international-roaming/pricing-compatibility/ on a post paid Telstra service the person receiving a call while in Canada would be charged a 40c flagfall plus $2.19 per minute for the call

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

Telstra 24x7®

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now