Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Level 1: Cadet
0 Kudos

Renew prepaid plan

0 Kudos

Re: Renew prepaid plan

I had a prepaid plan for ipad air that expired. Then I renewed it online but it does not connect. Did I need to get a new sim if I had let it lapsed?
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Nealdundee,

How old is the prepaid plan? 

There's a period of 6-13 months depending on the account that you can still recharge & reactivate your service. We send you a SMS notification as reminder to recharge 32-40 days prior to disconnecting the service. 

If it has been longer than this time, you would need to purchase another SIM. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

0 Kudos

Re: Renew prepaid wifi device

Hi, i bought a Telstra Elite mobile Wifi device in June last year used it for a while then ghave not needed it for the past few months, when i log in to My Account the number is no longer there for recharge what do i do

Support Team
0 Kudos

Sounds like the account may have been deactivated rydermagoo,

You'd need to get yourself a new PrePaid sim card from your nearest PrePaid outlet if you wanted to use that again.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Level 6: Bloodhound
0 Kudos

When you say "renewed it online", do you mean recharged the pre-paid account?

If that was successful, I don't see how your account could have been deactivated. It could be some other issue (provided 'recharge' was what you meant by renewed online).

CORY [CJNET]
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If I still see the number <number removed> in Telstra 24X 7 does that mean it is still activated

Support Team
0 Kudos

If the mobile number is still showing in your app then it should still be active, but our teams on 13 22 00 or via the online chat service at http://goo.gl/11oUE can confirm this for you.  

0 Kudos

I can't log in to My Account to recharge my Telstra Elite modem with a voucher
Support Team
0 Kudos

Hi Teer, 

What issue are you experiencing when you try to sign into My Account?