Highlighted
SierraFoxtrot
Level 1: Cadet

Can I use my NextG sim in my 4G modem and get 4G speeds?

Answered

I have a new (purchased separately) pre-paid NextG sim with some credit on it. Can I use it in a new prepaid 4G wifi modem until the credit is all used up? Will I get full 4G speeds?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I use my NextG sim in my 4G modem and get 4G speeds?

Speeds are designated by the device itself not the plan. Not too sure on the workings of prepaid but you may not be able to use an old sim with a new device.
Lathania

No.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Speeds are designated by the device itself not the plan. Not too sure on the workings of prepaid but you may not be able to use an old sim with a new device.
Lathania

SierraFoxtrot wrote:

Can I use it in a new prepaid 4G wifi modem until the credit is all used up?

I foresee no problem with that.

Will I get full 4G speeds?

What are “full 4G speeds”?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
SierraFoxtrot
Level 1: Cadet

By full 4G speed, I mean will I be limited to the data rates of the NextG system (for which the sim was purchased)?
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

No.

——

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now