CrowdSupport®
SICE
Level 1: Cadet

Change Pre-Paid Plan

Answered
I would like to change from Pre-Paid Extra to Pre-Paid Max. By doing so, will I loose the 30 GB of data I currently have in my data bank?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution Solution Verified by Telstra

Re: Change Pre-Paid Plan

Hi SICE,

I have been looking into this and have had confirmation today from a Crowdsupport Community Manager that if you change your offer to the Max offer you won't lose your Data Bank that you've got accumulated on the Pre-Paid Extra offer. It will rollover to the new Max offer.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

Hi SICE,

It does state that if you change from Pre-Paid Extra to another offer you'll lose your Data Bank....BUT I have seen somewhere (I can't find it now) that if you change to the Pre-Paid Max offer you won't lose your Data Bank.

I'd suggest contacting Telstra Pre-Paid on 132200 or via Live Chat to see what they say.
https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing?pageId=https%3a%2f%2flivechat.telstra.com%2f
I'll keep looking to see if I can find it again.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Yeah, that is a much better plan than the Extra, so well worth changing over.

I read the Critical Information Summary  pdf but can't see if it excludes 1300 and 1800 numbers?

All it says is....

What’s not included

Unless stated otherwise in the plan, your inclusions can’t be used for talk/text to satellite numbers, premium numbers (eg 19xx numbers), operator assisted calls (e.g. most 12xx numbers), diverted calls and overseas use. Content charges such as Google Play™ purchases and subscriptions using premium SMS are not supported. Any further restrictions are listed under each plan.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Accepted Solution Solution Verified by Telstra

Hi SICE,

I have been looking into this and have had confirmation today from a Crowdsupport Community Manager that if you change your offer to the Max offer you won't lose your Data Bank that you've got accumulated on the Pre-Paid Extra offer. It will rollover to the new Max offer.

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now