CrowdSupport®
Lexi72
Level 1: Cadet

Double charged

Hi I went to pay for my Telstra prepaid credit using PayPal and it said it had an error with my card but still had charged my account but didn’t update on my phone so I put in the details that were missing thinking that would work and it did but it charged me again so I’ve been charged twice but it won’t let me cancel one of them through the app because it says I’ve only been charged once but my bank account says otherwise. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Double charged

with card payments, it depends on the exact details. If the payment was approved by your bank, but had failed at either PayPal or Telstra or their banks, then the hold may still go on for a card but would generally drop off Itself within a couple days. If it doesn’t and the payment comes off being an authorisation hold to be a completed transaction, speak to your bank who should be able to look at disputing the transaction as a duplicate. Especially if you have the evidence that the first one failed and only one was valid. 

if it is showing as a direct debit, check your PayPal account and see if it shows two payments. If it does, then I would recommend disputing this with PayPal in your PayPal account to have them return the funds for you. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Lexi72, thanks for reaching out. I recommend speaking with our team 1258888 and they will be able to look into this for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JonYn
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Contact the Prepaid Team Department.

They could refund it back as long as it would reflect in their system that you paid twice.

DISCLAIMER: My opinion should not reflect to Telstra.

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now