CrowdSupport®
Jwp1972
Level 1: Cadet

Nokia 220 4g sms but no calling???

Answered

Hope someone can help. Just bought my mum an oldschool nokia 220, with 4g belong sim.

It can send and receive sms, but will not make or receive any calls??

Am i missing something basic, or do i need to change anything?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Nokia 220 4g sms but no calling???

The Nokia 220 4G doesn't have VoLTE capability on the Telstra network (as it doesn't have the carrier firmware - Telstra doesn't sell this phone, so there is no custom Telstra firmware available for it - so it is missing the settings).

As this model phone doesn't have 3G capability, it can't drop back to that for voice calls either.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

You will need to contact Belong as Telstra does not manage it, and Belong have their own procedures. Thanks

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Ajeffm
Level 1: Cadet

Hey Jwp1972,

Have you sorted this out?? Having the exact same issue only using an aldi sim card. Transferred the sim to my iphone and works fine but when put back on Nokia, cant and wont receive a call. Sms is working.

thanks

Accepted Solution

The Nokia 220 4G doesn't have VoLTE capability on the Telstra network (as it doesn't have the carrier firmware - Telstra doesn't sell this phone, so there is no custom Telstra firmware available for it - so it is missing the settings).

As this model phone doesn't have 3G capability, it can't drop back to that for voice calls either.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now