CrowdSupport®
quiltmaker
Level 1: Cadet

SIM activation failed twice

Answered

On Friday 2019-11-29 I tried to activate a new SIM. The online process went smoothly, and appeared to be successful. I received an email saying that technical problems prevent activation of my SIM. I was told to contact online chat. On Saturday 2019-11-30, I contacted online chat. The helper filled in the forms and told me my SIM was activated. He gave me an order number. My SIM is still not activated and the order tracking page says the order number does not exist. I have received no email messages

These two failures to activate my SIM indicate that Telstra SIM activation system is currently broken. Please can somebody investigate this and advise when the problem will be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM activation failed twice

This problem has been reported by several people here over many weeks.

Telstra activations still have not provided any further information,

As we are customers like you, we, here at Crowd Support cannot provide any further information to assist you.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

This problem has been reported by several people here over many weeks.

Telstra activations still have not provided any further information,

As we are customers like you, we, here at Crowd Support cannot provide any further information to assist you.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
quiltmaker
Level 1: Cadet

Haha, I clicked "Reply" and it marked your comment as the accepted solution. This appears to be irreversible. You get to keep it  Smiley Happy 

Anyway, less than an hour after you posted, the activation email and SMS arrived, and the device started working. Thanks for taking the time to reply ProfessorPhone, and triple thanks for everything you do here

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now