carl13
Level 1: Cadet

SIM card activation question prepaid service

Answered

If I buy a new mobile and activate the service number on the sim card that with it and later on can I  transfer the number from my current sim to the new one and disconnect the other number that the new sim came with?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM card activation question prepaid service

Hi carl13,

If a sim card has a number allocated to it, you can't transfer your existing mobile phone number to it.

If you wish to keep the same mobile number as your original sim and it's not the correct size sim to fit the new mobile phone, you can go into any Telstra store and they'll swap it free of charge for the correct size.
You'll keep the same mobile number and offer that you are on now.
They'd use a blank sim to put your number onto.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM card activation question prepaid service

Hi carl13,

If a sim card has a number allocated to it, you can't transfer your existing mobile phone number to it.

If you wish to keep the same mobile number as your original sim and it's not the correct size sim to fit the new mobile phone, you can go into any Telstra store and they'll swap it free of charge for the correct size.
You'll keep the same mobile number and offer that you are on now.
They'd use a blank sim to put your number onto.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.