CrowdSupport®
Anup12
Level 2: Rookie

Sim activation

Mobile sim activation been waiting for 5 days still no news from telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Sim activation

Hello 

The delay that you are experiencing is not isolated to you. Quite a few others have similarly complained in the ladt few weeks.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Anup12,

Appreciate the concern with your mobile SIM activation not going through as yet. Are you porting over an existing mobile number or activating a new number? 

Is this for a Post-Paid or Pre-Paid service? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Anup12

An existing number.prepaid

Support Team
Support Team

Have you been able to speak to our Mobile Number Portability team recently to check on your order? If so, what has been advised? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Anup12

I have spoken to so many different dept and also chat team but no resolution. I was advised to go to the telstra shop to get a replacement sim but they were not able to help unless i buy the new sim with them. 

@IvanS wrote:

Have you been able to speak to our Mobile Number Portability team recently to check on your order? If so, what has been advised? 

Support Team
Support Team

I would recommend speaking directly to our Mobile Number Portability team on 1800631334 Monday-Friday 8am-9pm AEST and Saturday 10am-8pm AEST.

They can check into the order and update on the progress.

Keep us posted on how you go. 

Anup12

I called them and they said, there is nothing much they can do at this stage except for escalation. What a service??

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Anup12, I am so very sorry for the delay in moving your number over. We have been experiencing some difficulty with these orders and are working to complete all current requests as quickly as possible. May I ask if you have an order ref # handy please? 

Anup12

it is nearly a week since i tried activating you service. How do i request to cancel it and request a refund?

order number 1-2226717328295

Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for getting back to me Anup12, our Mobile Number Portability Team will be able to lodge an investigation into what is happening and you should receive an SMS advising of this. If you would like to discuss cancelling the order, you can do so by contacting our team directly via 13 2200 (Cancellation) This area can also discuss any possibile refunds. 

Once again I do apologise about all of this.

Anup12

Sure will try that as well. 

Support Team
Support Team

If possible, please let me know how you get on.

Anup12

do you think getting a new blank sim will help and try to reactivate again?

Support Team
Support Team

I appreciate what you are saying however, I would have a chat with our Cancellation Team and discuss what they advise shall be the best alternative. They shall be able to check into the current order and what is being done to complete this as you have requested. Now forthe Privacy of your account, we are unable to actually access your account from here on CrowdSupport, however we want nothing more than to resolve this once and for all.

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now