I need my subset code for unlock the phone blocked by Telstra/boost

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Subset code needed

Tell them that the Network Unlock Code did not work and now your Handset is asking for the Subset code, and can they please escalate the problem so that it can be worked on with Samsung, as Samsung cannot deal directly with the customer on the matter.

Hopefully that gets the matter escalated to the correct team, can't guarantee it though as some consultants will understand and some won't.

If you have problems, then you will need to lodge it as a formal complaint via compliancemanager@boost.com.au

You will need to include the description of the problem, your full name, date of birth and Boost Mobile number.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

Assuming you have a Boost Prepaid, you will need to contact either https://boost.com.au/livechat or call 125 8881 to get the network unlock code.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Nxmah
Level 1: Cadet

I have already the network unlock code given by boost/Telstra mobile but the phone still asking subset code and I’ve talk to boost and they said to call Samsung and then Samsung told me to contact boost/Telstra that’s why I’m asking for subset code because seem provider and manufacturers make customer bounce like a tennis ball 

Boost needs to work with Samsung to get the Subset code, as when that code is required it means that there was a validation error with the Unlock code that Samsung issued to Boost when they dispatched the phone to them.

It can take a few weeks for it to be resolved, but the only way to get the ball rolling is through Boost.

Nxmah
Level 1: Cadet

What exactly I have to request to make sure they understand what I need ? Just asking to make sure to don’t ask a thing for another 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Tell them that the Network Unlock Code did not work and now your Handset is asking for the Subset code, and can they please escalate the problem so that it can be worked on with Samsung, as Samsung cannot deal directly with the customer on the matter.

Hopefully that gets the matter escalated to the correct team, can't guarantee it though as some consultants will understand and some won't.

If you have problems, then you will need to lodge it as a formal complaint via compliancemanager@boost.com.au

You will need to include the description of the problem, your full name, date of birth and Boost Mobile number.

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now