CrowdSupport®
Caitlin97
Level 1: Cadet

Wifi calling

I spent 2 hours on the phone tonight trying to sort out an issue with my father's prepaid mobile which I can't get Wi-Fi calling to work on. We live in an area with no mobile coverage hench why I'm trying to get the Wi-Fi calling to work. 

I was wondering if the prepaid plans affect the use of Wi-Fi calling as it's on the long life plan as it's only for emergencies. It's a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge which I've been told is compatable but we still can't get it to work to. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Wifi calling

WiFi calling does work on Prepaid long life. I am on a prepaid long life plan and WiFi calling works on my Galaxy S9. If you have enabled WiFi calling in the phones settings it should work if  VoLTE is activated on your account and registered with his service.  Check with Telstra that VOLTe is enabled on your account and registered with his service.

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now