CrowdSupport®
mentos
Level 2: Rookie

topping up a 365 prepaid plan

Answered

Hi,

I'm currently on a 12-month prepaid plan.

Was wondering what would happen to my account, data and extra credit wise, if I recharge my account with say $50.  Would that just buy me some additional data and/or extra credits to use for premium SMS?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: topping up a 365 prepaid plan

Hi @mentos,

If you recharge $50 now on the Pre-Paid Max plan, you'll get 28 GB Data, $15 Extra Credits and your expiry date will change to 42 Day's...as any new recharge forfeit's the previous expiry date.

If you have any unused Data at the moment, this will get put into your Data Bank, as long as you haven't already reached the 200GB limit.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

$50 recharge will top up your credit available for data and calls. If you have less than 6 months left on your original recharge it will extend the date at which you have to recharge. For example if you had 4 months remaining befor recharge expored you will now have 6 months. This assums your on long life plus.

If your on prepaid max I am not sure if yot get the extra $15  and data to use in 28 days..

mentos

Thanks.

I'm on prepaid max at the moment.

Accepted Solution

Hi @mentos,

If you recharge $50 now on the Pre-Paid Max plan, you'll get 28 GB Data, $15 Extra Credits and your expiry date will change to 42 Day's...as any new recharge forfeit's the previous expiry date.

If you have any unused Data at the moment, this will get put into your Data Bank, as long as you haven't already reached the 200GB limit.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

mentos

Thanks! @Smiley3 

What if I need some extra credit for premium sms uses etc, and want to keep the original 365 expiry day, is there a way to do so?

cheers 

Highlighted

Yes there is a way.Smiley Happy

You can only recharge either $5 (which has 4 day's expiry) or $20 (which has 14 day's expiry).

Once you've recharged either of these amounts, they will show as "Recharge Credit" in your Account.

The premium sms charge's will come out of the "Recharge Credit".

If you want extra Data anytime, you'd also recharge either $5 (gives you 1GB) or $20 (gives you 4GB).

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/News-Feed/Changes-to-Telstra-Pre-Paid-Max/ba-p/798012

To convert the $5 or $20 to Data, you'll need to use the instructions in the below link.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/how-to-add-a-plus-pack-on-pre-p...

Telstra 24x7®

View balance, detail usage, change offers and recharge with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more