CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Fair-
Level 1: Cadet

Call forward network or SIM card error

I purchased a Samsung S8+ in December 2017. It is a direct import from UAE.
The redirect phone function does not work.
The function fails to work when using either the phone functions or using direct codes.
When using the phone functions: (i.e. phone app, settings, more settings) the error returned is 'Failed to read data. Network or SIM card error.'
When using the MMI codes - e.g. using *#21# returns
'Call forwarding
Connection problem or invalid MMI code.
unconditionally. for All Basic Services'
Please help resolve the underlying problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Call forward network or SIM card error

@Fair-

Have you been able to confirm that these features work in another phone? To rule out an issue with your SIM Card?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Fair-
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Call forward network or SIM card error

Thanks for your interest DeltaSquad.
I moved the SIM to my Nokia C5 and was able to use the various cĺall forward functions successfully there - both using the phone functions and using the MMI codes. I then moved the SIM back into the Samsung S8+ and the phone showed that the service/number was call-forwarded. I phoned the number and this demonstrated that the number was call-forwarded. I tried the call forward phone functions and MMI codes again in the Samsung S8+ and again these failed.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now