CrowdSupport®
CK99
Level 1: Cadet

Connection issues with new samsung s8

Answered
Have just bought a new s8 & I don't seem to have enough reception till make or receive calls - wifi or mobile data. Bars are constantly low. No problem if I switch sim back to my old phone. Desperately need help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Connection issues with new samsung s8

Sounds like a faulty device. Although 1 bar should be enough to make a call.

You could try resetting the network settings or factory resetting the phone.

If that doesn't work, take it into your nearest Telstra store and they should be able to give it a quick test by putting another SIM in it.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Connection issues with new samsung s8

Sounds like a faulty device. Although 1 bar should be enough to make a call.

You could try resetting the network settings or factory resetting the phone.

If that doesn't work, take it into your nearest Telstra store and they should be able to give it a quick test by putting another SIM in it.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now