CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Great news! Your device will arrive from 19/04/2017

Dear Telstra,

Can you please explain to me the practical purpose as to why you have sent me an SMS message with the statement “Great news! Your device will arrive from 19/04/2019. Track your order using…..” which refers to the Galaxy S8+ I ordered on April 7.

This information is of no purposeful use as for the last two days the Startrack website has been only telling me that they have received a manifest. While your statement is technically true, your sales staff might have just as well as sent me a SMS on April 7 as soon as I left your store with this “Great News! That my phone will arrive sometime after April 7”.

May I please ask that you adopt a more practical approach and only text me when my device has actually shipped as I expect to be wasting a lot of time logging onto the Startrack website hoping of hopes that my delivery has finally passed beyond event two and the more useful information that I can expect someone knocking on my door in a day or two with an expensive piece of equipment that I would like to be at home to receive.

Thank you

Steggers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Great news! Your device will arrive from 19/04/2017

Thanks for the feedback Steggers but we can't send an up to date SMS with your exact delivery time because that's in control of Star Track. This is why your'e given a log in to track the delivery. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit