CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

I am being charged for a Samsung Galaxy S8+ Lease Non-Return ($342.00) that I returned to Telstra mo

I upgraded my phone on the Telstra Go mobile swap plan back in July and received my new phone a few weeks later.  I was also sent a self addressed satchel to return my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+) back, which I did in August.  Telstra contacted me a little while back to tell me they had not received my old phone yet to which I replied that I had sent it back.  Today I received a new bill with the charge of:  Samsung Galaxy S8+ Lease Non-Return in the amount of $342.00
I have just spoken to someone on 24/7 chat who assures me that delays in phones being returned via Australia post are normal and that the charges will be credited... but I'm not convinced.  My thoughts are that if the phone hasn't turned up in the 3+ months since I posted it back, then it has either been lost or stolen.  
Has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it?  I do NOT want to wear the charges for a phone I sent back via Telstra's return system.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: I am being charged for a Samsung Galaxy S8+ Lease Non-Return ($342.00) that I returned to Telstr

Did you get a copy of the tracking receipt when you sent the old phone back or keep a record of the tracking details from the return bag? 

If you do that will just help your case.

Either way your best bet will be to lodge a complaint. You will be allocated a case manager who will be able to have investigated further for you and hopefully come up with a suitable agreement.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p...

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit