CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

My S8 has locked me out twice whilst using Fingerprint Recognition

My S8 has locked me out and changed my screen lock password twice now, whist using the fingerprint recognition system. At first I thought I had let my phone go flat and it had shut off and I had forgotten the password. I charged the phone and entered my password it did not unlock this was the password that I initially set on the phone and had been using up until I initiated the fingerprint ID, then after considerable trouble I managed to get the phone into the factory reset setup which basically wipes the phone and allows you to start over, which I did. The second time was 2.5 months after everything had been reset up. On the day I took my phone of the charger and made several phone calls, my phone was at 86% charge after this and I put it down on the side table next to my chair and watched the footy on the TV, at the end of the game I picked up my phone to ring a mate about the game only to find that I was locked out again and that neither the fingerprint ID or the new password I had set and had been using was useless, so I had to go through all that rig moral again. My advise is don't use the fingerprint ID!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: My S8 has locked me out twice whilst using Fingerprint Recognition

It sounds like your S8 has a hardware fault. I would be taking it in to Samsung or Telstra and getting it assessed. I have an S8+ and use fingerprint ID all the time and it hasn't skipped a beat.

If it was a problem with the fingerprint sensor, then the PIN/password should not change. It sounds like there is a problem with the memory module of the phone for that to be happening.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: My S8 has locked me out twice whilst using Fingerprint Recognition

I've just gone back to using the PIN code that I set up and since then I have had no problems possibly is a with the memory module and this is so it will do the same thing again in the future fingerprint ID or not and if it does it will be going back to Samsung via Telstra, believe me because I'm sick of it!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit