CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Davidmg
Level 2: Rookie

New messaging features pop up

For the last week or so I keep getting the below pop up on my Samsung S8.

Can anyone tell me what this is all about and how stop it happening.

If I enter my phone number it comes back in 10 minutes asking the same again.

If I select No it comes back in about 24 hours asking the same again.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20171120-070104.png

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
standardbreak
Level 1: Cadet

Re: New messaging features pop up

Hi there,

RCS is a great new feature that Telstra is rolling out, beginning with Samsung Devices.

Have you tried putting in +61 4** *** *** (whatever you number is?)

I use a Pixel XL 2 and don't have the luxury of this feature yet - but try that!

Level 25: The Singularity

It shouldn't actually be asking you for the number.

Try turning your wifi off, go into messages, then settings, then Chat Settings, then Rich Communications Settings, turn Rich Communications off, then back on

This should trigger the registration again, being on the mobile network it should register properly.

You can then turn wifi back on.

Also, are you running Telstra Firmware, or was it bought elsewhere with non-Branded firmware?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Davidmg

Hi there,

Thanks for your assistance.

Yes I had tried numerous times +61 4** *** ***  and 04** *** ***, but neither works.

Cheers.

Davidmg

Thanks for your help.

I have tried the same, but still no go..

And in answer to your question - Yes it's running Telstra firmware.

Also, I took it to a Telstra shop to see if they could help and was told they know nothing about RCS....

Very frustrating!!!

Cheers.

Maybe a Soft Reset (doesn't affect data) of the phone might help. Hold down the Power button and the Volume Down button for 7 seconds (until it vibrates). Then restart.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Davidmg, are you still experiencing the pop up message?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Davidmg

Yes, I'm still having the same problem....

I visited a Telstra shop to gain some support and all they said was it's got nothing to do with Telstra...they blame Samsung and said I need to contact them.

Surprising....it's a Telstra purchased phone with Telstra firmware....

Yes, but Samsung writes the firmware and only include items that are requested by Telstra for network compatibility.

There is updated firmware that has come out in the past few days. Try that and see if it fixes the problem.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Davidmg, RCS should be automatically registered, I would definitely recommend speaking with the tech team on 12511 or live chat  http://tel.st/8qpr as a fault may need to be raised to investigate this issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now