CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Registering an IMEI number to Telstra on mobile bought outright from store, not Telstra shop

Hi, I have recently purchased outright from a non Telstra store, a samsung s8 plus for my daughter after her s7 edge was lost or stolen at a party she attended. Can I register the phone's imei number with Telstra? And also, we had her number blocked, does she need a new number or can she still have the same one she has had for ever, even though her sim was in her edge phone that was misplaced?

Cheers

jenni1964

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Registering an IMEI number to Telstra on mobile bought outright from store, not Telstra shop

Hi jenni1964

Apologies for the delay in replying. 

Have you been able to follow this up since your post? If not, our online teams will be able to discuss the options further. For post-paid please go to http://tel.st/hsc3 and for pre-paid http://tel.st/nxzt

Don't hesitate to let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Re: Registering an IMEI number to Telstra on mobile bought outright from store, not Telstra shop

Hi Dani39

I rang Telstra yesterday to ask the question, and, even though my daughter is on a plan, I cant register her IMEI number with them because the mobile phone was bought outright and not at a Teltra store. The only thing I could do was/is register it with Samsung via settings/accounts,Samsung cloud etc.

Kind Regards

Jenni1964

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reply and update.

Glad to read you were able to get the required information. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks Dani39.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit