Highlighted
bcf
Level 1: Cadet

S8+ Back Case cracked

Answered

Hi, I have an S8+ on a plan its only been about a month however last night the back of screen cracked with the phone dropping or anything like just below the camera lens. Is this covered under the warranty or would i have to pay out of my pocket to samsung to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: S8+ Back Case cracked

No, sorry. Haven't had one replaced, but if you call 1300 362 603 (Samsung), they should be able to give you an indication.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

As it would be next to impossible to prove that you haven't dropped the phone, then it wouldn't be covered under warranty unless Samsung has documented it as something that they accept as a product defect.

The most likely outcome would be that you have to pay for repairs.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
bcf
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the response.

Would you happen to roughly know the cost?

Accepted Solution

No, sorry. Haven't had one replaced, but if you call 1300 362 603 (Samsung), they should be able to give you an indication.

tdubster
Level 2: Rookie

It's about $120 I think. I cracked feont and back, cost me $200 from Samsung

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more