CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
goGA
Level 1: Cadet

S8 Can't make or recieve calls.

So...
-I have internet.
-I can recieve and send text messages.
-When i go to make a call it just says dialling for 20-30sec and then hangs up.
-When someone tries to call me it goes straight to voicemail.
-Not sure if it's relavent but next to my reception bars it only ever says LTE, it never states 4G,3G,H or anything like that anymore.

-I have put my sim card in another phone and it works fine.
-I have put my other sim card in this phone and same issue.

-Not sure if it's relavent but It comes up with "Failed to read data. Check sim card and network connection" when i try to enter the "more settings" and "call barring" settings in the dialer settings.

I'm trying to avoid a full on reset. Any ideas???

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: S8 Can't make or recieve calls.

Hey goGA,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the handset making calls and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you Smiley Sad I have the following troubleshooting steps that can be attempted at:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobiles-Tablets/Troubleshooting-your-mobile-service-before-ca...

If these don't work, then the Mobile Faults team is the best contact on 132200 (24/7). 

Please do let us know how you go with these steps and the possible contact with the Mobile Faults team? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

goGA
Level 1: Cadet

Re: S8 Can't make or recieve calls.

Thanks Dan the man, it was the APN settings. It was set to telstra internet instead of telstra broadband. Appreciate itSmiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now