CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
dax029
Level 3: Gumshoe

Samsung galaxy s8 phone cuts out during a call

Hi
Calls on my S8 are constantly cutting out after about 5 minutes. Does anyone know a fix for this
Cheers Frank

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Samsung galaxy s8 phone cuts out during a call

Hi dax029, 

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having making calls from your Galaxy S8. 

Our Mobile Faults team would be best to look into this for you, and they can be reached any time on 132200 (say mobile fault). 

They can also be contacted via Live Chat here:  http://tel.st/8jgx from 7am-midnight EST. 

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ViPi
Level 1: Cadet

I have been through this rigmarole. Have called the service line several times... have had the issue upgraded to some technical department who sent me to the Telstra shop. They sent my S8 to be repaired and after 2 weeks of waiting they finally sent out a new one. And bam.... I am back to square one. No help at all. Have once again put my SIM into my old S6 and it works fine. So I am carrying two phones around again. The S8 for photos and apps and the S6 so I can actually have a conversation on my phone. My partner has an S8, is with Optus and is having no issues. Seriously. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there @ViPi

Very sorry to read of your current situation with us, especially given that you have already had the phone sent off once.

Are you able to get back in touch with the mobile assurance team (with the instructions Ivan has left) to have this looked into once more?

I apologise you are having to do this, let alone for a second time.

Make sure to mention the phone has already been sent off once.

Let me know how this goes.

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

iaking

I have been having the exact same problem with the exact same phone for over a month now.. originally I thought it was a recent software updates.. then I thought it was the samsung maintenance app that was auto-installed during the last updates. I have an active case with complaints and ombudsman.. I'm just now going through a software reset (painful) to test that..

This is extremely frustrating.. I use this for work and it's been like since march.

ViPi

Hi Will,
I spent a bit of time on the phone today with the end result being that they have told me it is not a network issue and is most likely the phone so I have to go back in to a Telstra shop with it. It was fine up until a few months ago - It is getting really annoying and it appears that I am not the only one with this issue. I was really happy with the phone before this.
millman

I've had the same problem for a few weeks too.  We'd had a few outages locally so I initially thought it was related to that, but now everyone else's phones are back to normal and mine keeps dropping out.  I've been into the Telstra shop and they said it was a known issue with the S8.  First step has been to replace the sim card, but I realised yesterday it hasn't resolved the issue, so I'll be back into the Telstra shop on Monday.  I use this phone for work and it looks totally unprofessional to keep hanging up on the boss.  Pretty poor when you can't rely on a flagship phone.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Very sorry to read that this has been your experience with your device repair recently @millman.

Please let me know how your second trip to the store goes.

- Will

Rodamo
Level 2: Rookie

My wifes s8 doing same thing...there is obviously a fault on telstra....why are we paying monthly fees for a service we are not gettin.why cant telstra tell us the fix??.Most likely they have no idea...I will be contacting the comms ombudsman re this.as i believe telstra is Not providing the service,and refunds are due...I urge people to do the same!
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Rodamo,

That's not good to hear and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. I recommend visiting one of our stores who will be able to troubleshoot further and send your phone to our Device Care Centre where our techs will investigate further do any necessary repairs. You can find your nearest store here  http://tel.st/uyc2.

- Tim  

Rodamo

Ok...but need oh for work....and will be gone for weeks.....do u supply a loaner?...if not its no good for me....
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I can understand that, the store may be able to supply a phone if it gets sent off for repair. Please let us know how you go. 

-Zoe 

Rodamo

This seems to be a common problem. ...Can telstra furnish an fix....its only with telstra network!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

May I ask if you have spoken to our Mobile Faults team on 125 111 so they can investigate this further? If so, what did they advise you?

-Zoe 

Rodamo

I contacted the live help desk...after 40 mins ....he claimed it was fixed...
Within 5 mims it cut out again....I dont have hrs to spend on phone .its frustrating and nothing gets resolved....im going to try a diff carrier. ....
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sorry to hear this, may I ask if you have an active complaint regarding this issue? If so, can I please grab your SR number so I can follow this up for you. 

-Zoe 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now