CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Stitchy62
Level 1: Cadet

Video call on Galaxy S8

Unable to activate VoLTE or VoWIFI to allow video calls. Can't find VoLTE anywhere under settings yet have found temp turning off video call. Have tried searching internet but haven't found any answers. 

Should I be able to video call with the S8?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Brett.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Video call on Galaxy S8

Hello Brett,

I too was looking for the Volte setting, but mine is a S8+

I've just seen a Youtube video showing it in Mobile Networks, but it's missing from mine also.

SamMobile mentions that in the US a new firmware was released yesterday, but Telstra would need to test it on the network before they release it.

If you search this issue, there are some mentions that with Nougat upgrade, it was missing, and some US people also ask the question.  

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 23: Superhero

The S8 and S8+, with Telstra firmware, should work with VoWIFI (Wifi Calling).

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Announcements/Telstra-Wi-Fi-Calling-FAQ-s/ba-p/619260
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Works fine with my S8+.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi Brett,

VoLTE should automatically be showing next to the 4G symbol up the top of your mobile screeen, when connected to the 4G network. 

It does on my S8 when on 4G.

I have read in a previous post someone wanting to disable VoLTE. 

They were advised by a Telstra employee to ring Telstra mobile help on 125111 to get it disabled.

If you ring this number, they might be able to see if it's been activated for you to use.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit