CrowdSupport®
dunnie
Level 1: Cadet

locked out s8+

restarted phone now it wont accept password. tried every variation. tried to initiate factory reset wont do it help please

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: locked out s8+

Hi dunnie,

You could try findmymobile.samsung.com to reset your mobile. This worked for me, doing it on a computer.

findmymobile.samsung.com- click Sign in.
On the right hand side of the screen, down the bottom click "More"
Scroll to "Unlock my Device" and click on this.
You can unlock your device screen remotely by entering you Samsung Account Password. This sets the screen lock to swipe.

I wrote about the problem I had in my review of the Samsung Galaxy S8
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Device-Insider-Product-Reviews/Mobile-Insider-Samsung-Galaxy-...
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
OldandBroke
Level 1: Cadet

Re: locked out s8+

Have very similar issue with S8, a lot of mucking around to get it to open factory reset and you first must deplete the battery completely with the phones camera turned on videoing nothing and when it turn off I had to turn it back on and let it turn it's self off six to ten times before it would let me into the reset menu, but it did eventually let me in!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit