CrowdSupport®
BenJM
Level 2: Rookie

Android version update for Galaxy Note 4

I noticed on the below URL that an update to the Galaxy Note 4 was due early 2018

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Device-Updates/bd-p/Device-Updates

Could you please advise when this will occurs.  My Note 4 is functional - and want it supported further on please

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Android version update for Galaxy Note 4

You should have already received that update (end of March).

I would be surprised if Samsung produces any more updates for the Note 4 as it is well outside their normal support period.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
BenJM
Level 2: Rookie

Hey there.

My updates ahead to be from August and Oct 2017. When I do a check for updates I get the following:

The latest updates have already been installed.

Current version: N910CXXU2DQJ2/N910COLB2DQJ2/N910CXXU1DQH1.

Thoughts ?
Highlighted

The SM-N910C was not a model sold in Australia (that was the SM-910G). From the firmware, you've got one that was sold in The Philipines, Vietnam, Cambodia and Malaysia, and you have the current firmware that is available for that model.

You will not receive the latest Telstra version firmware as your phone model is not one that was sold by Telstra.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now