CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JessicaTaylor
Level 1: Cadet

Broken screen

my phone seemed to switch off today but i realised the screen seems to have a small crack which is hardly visible and cant be felt by running your finger over it but the screen is totally black. people are still able to text and call me but I obviously cant see anything. i have insurance thru telstra and wondering if that covers getting the screen repaired or replaced? i dont want a new phone as i have over 1500 very important photos on this one 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Broken screen

Hi JessicaTaylor

We won't do a repair on the screen as part of the StayConnected service - I do just have to mention, it's not an insurance product, it's a swap/ replacement service instead.
So we'd swap your device for a new one.

However, you could look at recovering the photos from your handset first. 
It's not necessarily a requirement that you be able to see your screen to back up the handset. 

If you plug your phone into a computer via USB, you may still be able to view the files through Windows Explorer. 
The only issue is you may need to unlock your phone to do so, however if you're anything like me you're probably able to do this without seeing the screen anyway - especially if you use the fingerprint sensor to unlock your device.

Then you just need to locate the DCIM folder where photos are saved, and copy them onto your computer.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now