Highlighted
Stu69
Level 2: Rookie

Business plan galaxy watch

Answered
Just received new lte galaxy watch and I'm on a business plan. Receive an error saying can't connect cause I'm on a pre paid plan, it's not is post paid. Rang Telstra they say ring Samsung. Samsung says it's not their problem ring Telstra. Ideas anyone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Business plan galaxy watch

@Stu69

Apologies for the delay getting back to you, and for the run around you've had.

It won't matter where you purchase the device from, as the product you need for this to work is Telstra One Number.

This is currently restricted to accounts with a 13 digit account number, however some of the other accounts with 10 digit account numbers are compatible via an Expression of Interest (EOI) Early Adopter.

(Internally, this is called the "One Number Expression of Interest webform)

This needs to be completed by our Mobile Sales Teams on 132 000 unless you have a Premier or "GES (Enterprise)" account type.

If you have the latter, you will need to contact your Telstra Account Executive.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman

From my understanding one number one works on post paid consumer plans or for businesses you need a 13 digit account number on a post paid plan.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Stu69

Thanks for your reply, Telstra said it's all good there end and should work, Samsung said Telstra need to do something their end but people at Telstra seem to have no clue.

I'd try ringing the Business mobile team again. My work is primarily in the consumer space, and my line of thinking is that it all needs to be post paid and linked to one number.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Stu69

Yep it is post paid account but error I get says I have a pre paid account. Samsung said watch/account needs to be altered at Telstra's end.
Level 24: Supreme Being

All the documentation that I've seen says that the service needs to be on a Telstra Post Paid Consumer Plan, so the Business Plans may not be eligible yet (even with a 13 digit number). Much like the rollout with the Apple Watch was initially.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Stu69

They say small business plans on their site.
https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/one-number
Also when I call them they check account and say all is good 🤔

Sorry, was referring specifically to the Samsung Galaxy Watch, not One Number (eSIM) in general.
I am assuming that you have run through the setup routine through your phone (I'm assuming a Samsung one)?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Stu69

There isn't much setup to do, paired watch to phone and tried to setup LTE. Note 9 is phone I'm using. Last call I had to Telstra said since I didn't buy phone and watch from them it won't work but if I take it to a Samsung store they will fix it. Samsung guy laughed at that one.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@Stu69

Apologies for the delay getting back to you, and for the run around you've had.

It won't matter where you purchase the device from, as the product you need for this to work is Telstra One Number.

This is currently restricted to accounts with a 13 digit account number, however some of the other accounts with 10 digit account numbers are compatible via an Expression of Interest (EOI) Early Adopter.

(Internally, this is called the "One Number Expression of Interest webform)

This needs to be completed by our Mobile Sales Teams on 132 000 unless you have a Premier or "GES (Enterprise)" account type.

If you have the latter, you will need to contact your Telstra Account Executive.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Stu69

I have got it working via an EOI call as you mentioned Smiley Happy

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I'm glad to hear this @Stu69.

Apologies again for the run around.

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more