Highlighted
karoman
Level 2: Rookie

Can't MMS on Galaxy S7

Answered

I had a problem with S4 not sending MMS weeks ago and was told "old technology" so I bought a Galaxy S7 - same problem.  Have spent hours with Telstra and can't fix it.  It says Smartcntrls - sender is not allowed to send messages.

I think a month or so ago I had third party purchase on my phone bill which was enhanced MMS and I removed it.  Telstra tells me that it can't be that but I'm not convinced.  Had a new sim - still can't send them.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't MMS on Galaxy S7

That would be indicating htat Smart Controls has been activated on your account and has been set to prevent the user of your service from sending MMS. If you log in to your account on the website, click on your service and then go down to Telstra Mobile Protect, just check to see if any restrictions have been applied.

If not, you will need to give 132200 a call and have a chat to the consultant to see if they can deactivate Telstra Mobile Protect on your service.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

That would be indicating htat Smart Controls has been activated on your account and has been set to prevent the user of your service from sending MMS. If you log in to your account on the website, click on your service and then go down to Telstra Mobile Protect, just check to see if any restrictions have been applied.

If not, you will need to give 132200 a call and have a chat to the consultant to see if they can deactivate Telstra Mobile Protect on your service.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
karoman

I can't actually see anything called Telstra Mobile Protect? Can you direct me a bit further please
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If you can't see mobile protect in your online account it probably is not activated.

Have you tried this trouble shooting tool for MMS on the S7?

http://mobilesupport.telstra.com.au/samsung/galaxy-s7-edge-android-6-0/messaging-email/i-can-t-send-...

karoman

Thank you - I'll keep persevering with other avenues then
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@karoman

Did you have a reference number from the Team when you spoke to them?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

karoman

TT1-1740878835707.
It just seems all too hard - each person tells me something different and when I come up with what I think might be a clue they say it can't possibly be that. Well you know what it isn't anything that has been suggested so far so why can't it possible be that? Sorry - am frustrated
karoman

Whoo hoo! It's fixed - wonderful bloke from Telstra phoned and fixed it for me! I am very impressed Thank you

Did he explain what the problem was?

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now