CrowdSupport®
rachelizabeth
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot complete galaxy watch 2 One Number activation

I just bought a Samsung Active 2, with LTE, and have been unable to complete the Telstra One Number activation through the Samsung Gear app. The watch and phone (Galaxy Note 8) are paired through bluetooth and everything works, except when I attempt to set up network connection for the watch I get the following message (see screenshot), note I am not on a prepaid service. I have a post paid service with Telstra.

So far, I've tried:

- re-installing the app several times

- getting a new sim card from Telstra

- pairing the watch with another phone (Galaxy s5) using my sim

- completing all software updates on phone/watch

- restarting both of the devices

I've spent over an hour in the Telstra shop talking to 2 separate technicians, and even more time spent on the Telstra live chat / on the phone. All with zero success.

Can any body please help / have you seen this issue before?

Many thanks.

Screenshot_20191018-171248_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
njm01
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Cannot complete galaxy watch 2 One Number activation

Not directly answering your question, but I have the LTE version of the GWA2, and have managed to activate the subscription but it doesn't work (i.e can't make phone calls/send messages on standalone). May have something to do with the GWA2 not being listed as a supported device yet - not sure why it would be much different to the Galaxy Watch, but I think this may be the issue 

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now