poodle1
Level 1: Cadet

Emails being taken off webmail after I see them in outlook on my pc

Answered

I have outlook on my pc for emails.

On my mobile - Galaxy J7 pro - I just go to bigpond webmail via the brower.

If I look at emails on my PC, they stay on the pc, but are no longer shown in webmail.  How can I stop this? I would like to be able to see all my emails, including past ones on my webmail/phone as well.

Please help Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
KerrodWW
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Emails being taken off webmail after I see them in outlook on my pc

It sounds like your PC might be set up as POP on Outlook. If you check in the account settings, go into "More Settings" -> Advanced tab -> Make sure "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is ticked.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
KerrodWW
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

It sounds like your PC might be set up as POP on Outlook. If you check in the account settings, go into "More Settings" -> Advanced tab -> Make sure "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is ticked.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Poodle1, welcome to CrowdSupport.

@KerrodWW is on the money, that was my first thought too. The alternative would be to configure the account under the IMAP settings, which is slightly better for syncing across devices - for example, if you read it on your phone, your PC will still download it, but it will be marked as read.

The only danger there is there's a chance you might lose some data in the switch, so be sure to back up anything you can't afford to lose.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now