Highlighted
braso
Level 2: Rookie

Galaxy Note 9 One UI (Android Pie) update

The Note 9 Pie update was released yesterday on Optus and XSA (unbranded) phones (Firmware CSA2).  Is there a timeline for Telstra to test and release?  In my experience we shouldn't hold our breath.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Gray861
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Galaxy Note 9 One UI (Android Pie) update

I'd be interested to know this as well, why are Telstra slower than other providers? The least you can do is give a timeline!  

WJA777
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yes...Optarse beating Telstra. What the? Time to get your ducks in a row Telstra.
braso

Actually, not Optus yet, just worked out it was an Optus SIM in an unbranded device (XSA).

WJA777
Level 3: Gumshoe

I take it all back then. Smiley Happy
samethernet

Any updates to the Android Pie Release for Telstra's Variant of the Note9, Optus just completed there testing of the firmware and would be releasing soon. Plus why are you guys not updating us on the status of firmware updates like you once used to you.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi samethernet, We have not received any further information at this time. However, any updates shall be listed directly on the following page. https://tel.st/hdsyj

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 20: Director

Incorrect there hasn't been an update listed in 6 months for the S9, so are you saying telstra know nothing about the last 6 updates I have received? The uodates page is not being maintained lime it was o the old page
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .
Lstr

Hi MammaB

I've checked and the page you linked doesn't contain information for any updates. 

- XSA was released in Australian 2 weeks ago

- Optus have completed testing and seem to be preparing a release in the coming weeks

- Device Updates shows NO updates to the Note 9 since release! There have been several updates received for the Note 9.  

- S9 and S8 also show no updates since August 2018!

What is going on with the Device Updates tool ??

Odinx

Hi everyone just letting you know I just got the update just now so should be heading your way
Lstr

Can confirm it's out! Downloading now ! Smiley Very Happy
Anf87

Galaxy Note 9 One UI (Android Pie) update

Currently downloading the update now weird how Telstra didn't update their page.
Rat6

Finally arrived for note 9 with Telstra..
samethernet

Same, i got the update installing on my telstra braneded device. My relative who is on the optus branded version got his too so its clear samsung hit the rollout switch to all carrier branded version at the same time.

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more