Waughy
Level 4: Private Eye

Galaxy S10 Firmware update

Any idea on when Telstra will release the latest version with the March security update? They're the only carrier to not have released it now, which is a bit ordinary for the supposed best telco in the country. I see no reason for it to have not been released when the XSA version for unlocked phones was released, they're basically the same these days.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Galaxy S10 Firmware update

Because Telstra test it thoroughly, and may require Samsung to change or correct network specific aspects.......then await Samsung and then retest it......
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Andiwarrick
Level 2: Rookie

I’ve been in contact with Telstra multiple times regarding this issues some carriers are getting April’s security update my handset is still on the February update, Telstra have no information regarding a update from samsung or have not receive any news regarding a update all they say is check the device update page but the s10 isn’t even listed on it, i see Optus and Vodafone’s security update for April is in the testing process 

Level 22: Superhuman

Customer service in the Philippines is unlikely to know what engineering is doing in Melbourne.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Waughy

Exactly, it's not even listed on the update page. For a premium service provider they're really dragging the chain. My last Samsung phone was an S8+, at least back then it was listed on the update page and you could see if it was in testing or not even being looked at.
Waughy

If that's the case they could at least maintain the update page so we can see where things are at.
Andiwarrick

Yea I’ve just moved over from iPhone that’s one thing apple are good at is pushing out updates to the public not this android stuff that needs to be testing by the carriers.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The April security update has been released by a total of 0 carriers worldwide so far.

Guess what? There's nothing earth shatteringly important in the security updates at the moment, so no need to panic about having to wait a little while for it. Let the Optus and Vodafone users find any bugs first.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Andiwarrick

That’s a good point within Optus and Vodafone, there has been a few countries that have received the April security patch its also been improvements on the hardware side of things too
Waughy

Speaking about this on another forum, and it's been suggested that the carriers get to test the firmware, and have any adjustments made. These adjustments are apparently made to the XSA firmware for non carrier phones as well, so they work as well as possible on the networks. If that's the case then the Telstra adjustments have been done, seeing as the XSA firmware is out, so there really is no reason for Telstra to be holding back. Either that, or those with non carrier phones aren't getting the best possible service with the modem settings in the XSA firmware.

Maybe someone from Telstra that actually knows something can chime in?
I'm not busting for the update, just curious to know exactly how testing works, and where they're at with the most recent update. I can remember when I had an S5, the most recent update at the time was 2 revisions behind the latest release direct from Samsung. Surely it's not that slow still?
Waughy

It's out now, finally.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now