Washo
Level 1: Cadet

Galaxy S7 Edge ghosting, purple patches, pink and purple lines

Answered

I have using my phone for 3 weeks perfectly and today i notice that the always on clock is very very dull and a light shade of yellow. Then when i unlock my phone and have auto brightness at half or less there is bad ghosting, pink and purple lines on the screen, purple shaded areas.  If i put it to full brightness manually it goes away most times.

The phone has not been dropped wet etc.  It is definatley hardware issue as i can screen shot the problem email to myself and the defect is not visible.

The only work around i have at the moment is to run the device on full brightness, even then there is very faint issues. It's a real PITA as i am on nightshift.

Anyone else seen this, google turns up no results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge ghosting, purple patches, pink and purple lines

Hello Washo,

My apologies but your phone screen appears to be faulty. I would recommend taking it into your local Telstra store for assessment - If you require assistance finding your nearest store, please consult the following link https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore.

If you take the phone into store within the first 30 days of purchase and you have your original proof of purchase receipt, you are entitled to a swap over of handset in store providing the staff can replicate the fault, and there is no physical or liquid damage to the handset. If it is outside of the first 30 days of purchase, you are still entitled to send your phone away to our National Repair Centre as per standard manufacturer Warranty.

Alternatively, if you have our StayConnected product, you can contact the team via. 13 22 00 (and saying 'StayConnected' at the automated prompt) and the team will send you out the new phone, and a recovery satchel to collect the old phone. For more information regarding StayConnected, please refer to the following link - https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/plans/stayconnected-plus

Please let me know if this helps or if I can assist you further

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Washo

ok screen completely dead now, phone is still working but screen is black, can do a soft reboot with volumedown and power key but no logo's or anything come up. The phone does start up as normal and seems to work but no display.

only contact to home and now nothing for another week until i fly home.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hello Washo,

My apologies but your phone screen appears to be faulty. I would recommend taking it into your local Telstra store for assessment - If you require assistance finding your nearest store, please consult the following link https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore.

If you take the phone into store within the first 30 days of purchase and you have your original proof of purchase receipt, you are entitled to a swap over of handset in store providing the staff can replicate the fault, and there is no physical or liquid damage to the handset. If it is outside of the first 30 days of purchase, you are still entitled to send your phone away to our National Repair Centre as per standard manufacturer Warranty.

Alternatively, if you have our StayConnected product, you can contact the team via. 13 22 00 (and saying 'StayConnected' at the automated prompt) and the team will send you out the new phone, and a recovery satchel to collect the old phone. For more information regarding StayConnected, please refer to the following link - https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/plans/stayconnected-plus

Please let me know if this helps or if I can assist you further

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Washo

Thanks, it will be after 30 days when i fly back but i have logged a ticket with 24 x 7 chat, will this be sufficient. i am only home 5 days and then fly out again so would much prefer exchange, 

Aiuspaktyn

yatharth

Finally found a complete solution here.
Works like a charm. 

techgadgyblog.wordpress.com

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more