Highlighted
RailRider
Level 1: Cadet

Galaxy S8 7.1.1 Update

Answered
Hi, I'm just trying to get an idea of how much longer I'm going to have to wait in order to get an update for my phone from you guys. You unblocked the 7.1.1 update for the Pixel over 6 months ago, but I'm still stuck on 7.0 with my newer phone.
I'm incredibly unhappy with this service, and am at the point where I would actively advise people against buying a phone on contract through Telstra. Even if it is supposedly "unlocked".
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy S8 7.1.1 Update

This has nothing to do with Telstra. If you do your research (go have a look at sammobile.com), you will find that the current firmware for the Galaxy S8 is Android 7.0

Version 7.1.1 hasn't been released for the Galaxy S8 or S8+ anywhere.

You will just have to wait until Samsung develops the firmware. Stop being impatient for such a minor update.

I assume that you saw the erroneous post (since been rectified) on the Vodafone Australia site and got all excited about something that doesn't exist.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Being unlocked has nothing to do with it having carrier approved firmware. Although, most delays are in waiting for the manufacturer to fix any bugs that are identified by Telstra during testing, which as Samsung have so many different device models and agreements with pretty much every major carrier in the work, delays on their end can happen.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Accepted Solution

This has nothing to do with Telstra. If you do your research (go have a look at sammobile.com), you will find that the current firmware for the Galaxy S8 is Android 7.0

Version 7.1.1 hasn't been released for the Galaxy S8 or S8+ anywhere.

You will just have to wait until Samsung develops the firmware. Stop being impatient for such a minor update.

I assume that you saw the erroneous post (since been rectified) on the Vodafone Australia site and got all excited about something that doesn't exist.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more