bshwckr1
Level 2: Rookie

Galaxy Watch Not receiving incoming calls but can make outgoing calls

Answered

Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy watch LTE 46mm paired to a Galaxy Note 9 and successfully registered for Telstra One number. I can make calls over LTE and I can make and receive calls over bluetooth when connected to the phone, however, I cannot receive calls using LTE. It does not matter if the phone is on or not. I have tried auto connection and always on connection on the watch. I have both the phone and the watch connected to the same Samsung account. I have reset the network setting on the watch, [aired and unpaired the phone then completely reset the watch. Same result. I spent an hour with on-line chat today but gave up to try the full reset. I will try chat again tomorrow if I dont do any good here. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bshwckr1
Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy Watch Not receiving incoming calls but can make outgoing calls

Hi
Responded to an earlier message. It now works but I needed to use an S9+ to get it working. Swapped back, now works with my Note 9

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi 

bshwckr1, Sorry for the late reply, Did you have any success when speaking with the faults team?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

bshwckr1

Hi Ads

No luck yet. They refered me to Samsung chat and they gave up very fast and advised me to take it to their service centre. Overnight I did get a reply from another forum I posted the question to and they had the same problem. The e-sim was reset and it worked after that. Is resetting the e-sim something Telstra does or is that a job for Samsung?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I assume what they mean is they reset the watch, I cant find any information about resetting the esim.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

bshwckr1

If that is what they mean, than that wont work as I have done this.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thats what i suspected, did Samsung advise what the issue could be? you could raise a fault with our faults department for the network team to investigate.

bshwckr1

Samsung advised I needed to take my phone in as well. They did not say what the issue could be, just that they need to assess it. I think that on a previous chat to Telstra, they did a network reset.
I have done a lot of googling on the issue and I have found people with the same problem fixing it by changing settings on their phone. I have tried all of these fixes to no effect. The only one I could not apply was fix where you had to turn on "Incoming Call" notification on the phone so the watch knew there was a call incoming. This setting is available when connected via bluetooth but once I disconnect bluetooth and connect remotely, this setting disappears from the wearable app on the phone. I am really starting to think that the phone could be the issue.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

That is very strange, are you able to test using another phone?

bshwckr1

I Fixed it!
For your future reference, this is what I done;
My wife has a Samsung S9+. I swapped out sim cards and then paired the watch with the S9+. Once paired, I disconnected bluetooth and waited for the "remotely connected" notification to appear on the S9+. I then rang the S9+ and my watch also received the call. I then swapped the sims again, and once restored on my Note 9, the watch still worked when connected remotely.
I had read that there was a "hack" to get the Galaxy watch to work on non-samsung phones by first activating the sim with a Samsung phone. I guess this also works for when a Samsung phone also dosn't work for some reason.
bshwckr1
Accepted Solution

Hi
Responded to an earlier message. It now works but I needed to use an S9+ to get it working. Swapped back, now works with my Note 9
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Glad to see its now working although that is definitely a strange fix.

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more