Bobby28
Level 1: Cadet

Galaxy Watch and Note 9 SMS issue

Hi Guys, 

I have a Note 9 and LTE Galaxy Watch. 

Everything works great, bar one issue. 

My watch is always paired via bluetooth and everything syncs up nicely. 

However when i unpair my watch, and it switches to 4G i get a tonne of SMS notifications come through to the watch as unread messages, when i've already read the message on the phone. 

Eg, unpaired yesterday as took the dog for a walk and left the phone at home, 70+ unread SMS notifications came through. 

Extremely frustrating as the watch continues to vibrate with notifications for a very long time. 

Have read that there are similar issues with some US carriers. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Galaxy Watch and Note 9 SMS issue

Hi @Bobby28

Thanks for reaching out. I'm really sorry to hear that you have been having these issues with the LTE Galaxy Watch and can appreciate that this would be frustrating.

This is a known issue amongst Samsung from what I can tell and they are currently at work to fix this. To my knowledge it is not a glitch but a software issue, so here's hoping that a software update will correct the issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more