CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Rooseph
Level 1: Cadet

Galaxy s7 firmware update

Answered
Ive been reading some issues I can relate to in regards to wifi (not downloading from play store, YouTube not playing) and was simply wondering if Telstra are working on releasing a firmware update.

I believe Samsung has released one to help with some wifi issues but as it is now up to carriers to release it.... Customers are stuck playing the waiting game.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
tim1954
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

Re: Galaxy s7 firmware update

Not long released in the UK but not for Australia at this time. This is a large update and has the security patch baked in. It's the same model number (smg920f ) so if you're tech savvy you may be able to get it... you may also brick your device..
tim1954
Accepted Solution

Make that 930F! Fat fingers...🙃

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
tim1954
Accepted Solution

Not long released in the UK but not for Australia at this time. This is a large update and has the security patch baked in. It's the same model number (smg920f ) so if you're tech savvy you may be able to get it... you may also brick your device..
tim1954
Accepted Solution

Make that 930F! Fat fingers...🙃
Rooseph

Thank you Tim. At least now I know!
the_scotsman_
Level 3: Gumshoe

It was released on Tuesday for unbranded Aussie devices. Hopefully Telstra won't be far behind. Be we know they aren't exactly quick with pushing out updates.

tim1954

Got a 260 Meg update yesterday to my S7. It has the April security patches in it...
tim1954

Another 250 Meg update with May security patch just arrived!
Palarith

Tim, are you on stock telstra firmare? Mine is still stuck on 1st Feb security patch lvl

tim1954

I buy my devices outright and unlocked, maybe i get the updates sooner then locked ones...

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now