CrowdSupport®
Harmonise
Level 1: Cadet

Given incorrect information re swapping sim cards between old phone/new phone and keeping same numbr

Answered

Am at my wit's end with on-line Telstra consultants. On 26/11 upgraded my whole internet/mob ph package which included a new Samsung S10. After repeating myself several times asking if I would be able to use my old micro-sim in the new S10, so that I could keep the number I have used for over 20 years, the consultant GUARANTEED, saying several times, that I would be able to. Well, guess what??!!!!! It doesn't fit because evidently the S10 takes a nano sim!!!  Is there any way around this, other than being forced to get a new phone number?  Appreciate the feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Given incorrect information re swapping sim cards between old phone/new phone and keeping same n

Relax...simple.

Take your old sim to a Telstra store and have the sim replaced free.. That replacement sim will then be activated,and your phone number is still the same..... see below.

Also take photo ID and your new phone.

The replacement sim can be "broken" down to a nano size.  There is no charge.

There is a caveat. Crowd Support has several reports over several weeks that Telstra continue to have an intermittent  sim activation technical problem.  The overwhelming chance is that everything will be OK, but it appears a small number of customers experience a varying delay.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Given incorrect information re swapping sim cards between old phone/new phone and keeping same n

Relax...simple.

Take your old sim to a Telstra store and have the sim replaced free.. That replacement sim will then be activated,and your phone number is still the same..... see below.

Also take photo ID and your new phone.

The replacement sim can be "broken" down to a nano size.  There is no charge.

There is a caveat. Crowd Support has several reports over several weeks that Telstra continue to have an intermittent  sim activation technical problem.  The overwhelming chance is that everything will be OK, but it appears a small number of customers experience a varying delay.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit