CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

How to delete Telstra app?

I can't delete the Telstra app on my S7 Edge.

It will only 'disable'

It's using 20% of my battery and I don't even know what it does. I never open it.

I have the 24x7 app which I am happy with. This one is simply called 'Telstra'.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: How to delete Telstra app?

Hi CosmicR

The Telstra app isn't presently able to be uninstalled sorry - it's only able to be disabled. 

It may be possible to remove it by rooting the device - however that wouldn't be something we could provide support for sorry.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi There Steph, thanks for your reply.

I am curious as to why it can't be deleted? I doesn't appear to be performing any critical tasks and I could only see it as a benefit to be deleted. In fact I'm not even sure what the app does to be using 20% of my battery? Perhaps this is a bug?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@CosmicR

The Telstra App is something that is written into the Telstra Version on the firmware that is on most Telstra supplied phones.

Disabling it should reduce it battery use though.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi, on my HTC One M9 running Android Nougat 7.0, I can't even disable the Telstra app.There is a force stop option, but the app will start up again after 30 seconds. It uses in total 30% of my battery usage (700-800mAh in battery usage) and I have never opened it since I got the phone. I could only dream of a disable option, but alas it is greyed out. Please resolve this, it is incredibly annoying and can't be good for the CPU or battery health.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit