2pets
Level 2: Rookie

Nano Sim Activation

Answered
I got a new sim card today for my S10 how long do I need to eat for activation? I thought they said 2 - 4 hours and still not activated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Nano Sim Activation

The only department in Telstra who can visualize the activation process is the "Activation Centre" who operate business hours. If an activation gets stuck they can push it through. It's very hard to get to speak to them but Mobile Support has access to that department.
You may have to ring more than once to get an operator who will put you through
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12

You could try calling the mobiles team on 13 22 00 or use the Live chat link below in my signature.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:

Whst time of the day was it started?
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
2pets

Hi ProfessorPhone, it was started at 3.10 pm today.
2pets

I tried calling and was told by recording to call back in the morning and live chat wont help either. Thanks for your suggestions.
Level 20: Director

I don't recommend eating your sim card. 😂😂
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .
Accepted Solution

The only department in Telstra who can visualize the activation process is the "Activation Centre" who operate business hours. If an activation gets stuck they can push it through. It's very hard to get to speak to them but Mobile Support has access to that department.
You may have to ring more than once to get an operator who will put you through
2pets

Whoops, hope it gave you a laugh.
2pets

24/7 said my sim was active then said up to 24 hours. My phone now says not recognised on the network. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Please ensure you are regularly rebooting your phone.
2pets

Thank you I had been doing that.
2pets

Thanks for your advice everyone. I was able to call while at work today and got a very helpful tech person who got my SIM activated, then messaged and called me to confirm my phone was working properly.

Without the help and advice here I wouldn't have had the correct information or contact to get it sorted so thanks again.
AlbertJohn
Level 1: Cadet

Take after the directions that accompany the driver to introduce it. On the off chance that regardless you can't bring the printer on the web, proceed with the means underneath.
https://www.epsonprintersupport247.com/steps-to-fix-epson-printer-error-code-0x9a/

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more