ParaLevo
Level 1: Cadet

Note 10+ 5G RCS

Hi

I upgraded from a S8+ to a Note 10+ 5G.

Since changing phones, there is no option in my messaging app to enable RCS and my voicemails don't come through as Audio messages.

I contacted support via 24x7 app who said that RCS is not supported on the Note 10 yet but other people on Crowd support say it is.

Can anyone help please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Note 10+ 5G RCS

Have you updated your firmware to the latest version?

RCS definitely works on a Note 10+ 5G.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Doug05
Level 2: Rookie

I have the Note10+ 4G and have the same issue - there is no option to enable RCS and voicemails don't come through as audio messages.

Firmware and apps are up to date.

jacob-ian

I'm having the same issue on my Note 10+ 4G. Tried calling up but they don't know what's wrong.

Ebonymom
Level 5: Eagle Eye

@ParaLevoMay I ask whether you pre-ordered your Note10 + 5g? Mine was ordered on 9th August but no ETA....

ParaLevo

Yes, firmware is up to date.

I'm surprised that 24X7 chat told me it was not supported on the Note 10+

ParaLevo

I'm going to go into my Telstra shop and find out what is happening.

maeneak
Level 2: Rookie

Same problem on 10+ 4G. Telstra telling me to talk to Samsung and Samsung is blaming Telstra 😡

Support Team
Support Team

There was a fault reported affecting RCS messaging from some Samsung Galaxy handsets recently but this has been reported as being resolved - are you still experiencing the problems after switching to aeroplane mode for a short period of time?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ParaLevo

How Long for?

surely there is a way for Telstra to ensure it is active via some sort of network push?

Support Team
Support Team

Only a few minutes and it should come back online if this has been resolved in your location.

There is however an issue listed on our Outages page for these Samsung RCS services as can be accessed at

https://tel.st/mlq8t

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now