CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
maeneak
Level 3: Gumshoe

Note 10+ RCS issues

Answered

I recently bought a Note 10+ direct from Samsung to replace my Note 9 (also from Samsung). RCS is not working on the new phone at all and was working fine on my Note 9. Ive spoken to Samsung and Telstra and both blame the other for the issue. I've tried all problem solving steps both on the forum and on the phone and nothing seems to help. Telstra support don't even know what RCS is and have told me that Telstra don't support it. Can someone please help me as Samsung are refusing to replace the phone and Telstra are refusing to elevate my request. All my software and apps are up to date and I have shutdown the phone, removed the Sim and reset network settings. Samsung have asked the Telstra reset the RCS service but Mobile Faults didn't even know what RCS was. It's very frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
G-unit
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Note 10+ RCS issues

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Maeneak. 

I appreciate how frustrating this must have been. I know there was an issue with RCS for devices not purchased from Telstra recently but we have had confirmation this has been resolved. 

There are two options I would recommend here that you can take. The fastest way to get help with this is going to be giving support another go on 132200 and say "Mobile Phone Fault". I know it can be frustrating but this will get you through to someone today to assist.

Alternatively, as you have advised you have had trouble getting a solution over the phone with tech support, the next step I would recommend is to raise a formal complaint which you can do online here https://tel.st/g9rey;

Once you have raised a complaint through the online form, you will see a complaint case reference number on the screen beginning with 'SR 1-' (be sure to write this down, if you can provide that to me I will note it here so that we can follow up on your behalf if required). We will assign you a complaint case manager who will be in contact with you within 2-5 business days. They will then work with you one on one until this problem is fully resolved or an agreeable solution can be reached. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

maeneak

Thanks for your reply Tom. Your link seems to be broken but I did speak to business support who seemed to be a little more knowledgeable. Unfortunately no-one was able to help me, I even went to Telstra and oup a new SIM in my phone. I have since read online that this is an ongoing problem for the 4G version of the Note 10+ and a tech support rep told me that RCS is broken on Samsung phones through Telstra. I will put in a complaint through business support now.

maeneak

I just found the following through the Telstra outages service (mobile)

Samsung SMS and MMS messaging - Some customers may be having issues sending SMS and MMS messages via RCS (Rich Communication Service) on their Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S E devices. While we look into it, customers can switch off RCS messaging manually through the Settings app, and use legacy SMS and MMS. We'll give you an update when we know more.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that response @maeneak and very sorry to read about the ongoing issues with RCS. I sincerely hope that our faults teams can resolve the issue asap and please do keep us posted on the progress.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Azza1231
Level 1: Cadet

Is there an update on this issues? I still don't have RCS on my Note 10+ 4G

maeneak

I've submitted a complaint through the small business tool. Ref is SR 1-2201360546260

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Maeneak,

Thanks for the update and I have noted this escalation reference number on your profile with us. If you do have a missed pre-arranged contact with your case manager then please let us know as we will be able to get a request for them to get back in touch asap sent on through to them and their supervisor for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Teddam
Level 1: Cadet

Is there any official response from Telstra Re: Note 10+ 4g and RCS?
Everyone seems to be getting very different responses wether it should or shouldnt be working.
Would be good to know if lodging a fault is actually worth it or if RCS is just not available on the 4g note 10 + with Telstra.

maeneak

Complaints told me that it's not supported yet and there is no expected fix date. There was no explanation as to why just that it was a new phone and hadn't been supported yet, even though 5G is supported. Reading other posts it seems Telstra have not adopted the appropriate firmware updates for the Note 10+ to make this work. 

G-unit
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now